"...we do not mark our lives by dates and times, but instead by moments in our lives."
It's those little moments that I try and try to hold onto, that I never want to forget.
Moments throughout my day such as...
- Walking to school with Oleann in the morning, hand in hand. She was cold so I gave her my unusually large shirt. Wrapped up with the sleeves hanging down to her knees, she looked up and said, "I love... Maggie!" and gave me a hug. Walking like that was no easy task.
- I almost brought my iPod with me as I walked to pick up Oleann, but if I had, I would have missed this moment. I was approaching a little boy and his nanny who were taking a stroll in the crisp, fresh autumn air. He pointed to me and said, "She. What is the name?" to which I said, "My name is Maggie." His face lit up and he gave me a huge grin, I don't think he expected me to speak or understand English.
- Walking to school after lunch with Oleann. Listening to songs from Glee, we twirled down the lane, skipping - Oh Switzerland, did you think I could keep my joy inside? We then proceeded to sing Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious as we waved to the old man trimming his hedge.
- Smelling Chai tea for the the first time in a while. I had forgotten what it smells like.
- Watching Oleann dance around to, uh, interestng music as Floriane studies and I just lounge on the bed with my eyes closed.
- Running home from school with umbrellas as weapons, we hid from ghosts and vampires. The boy following us didn't quite know what to think.
- Cooking up chicken for dinner, listening to music and having the family come home. Knowing I can help in some way in this family.
- Eating burritos... in Switzerland. This is a first for me.
I could show my you schedule, my to do list, but in all honesty, this is what my life is what now. This is what it means.... burritos!