Tuesday, November 24, 2009

[natation synchronisée]


I was swimming on my back when heard this strange voice speaking to me from under the water. It was calm and relaxing, like one of those voices on the therapeutic tapes.
"Raise your leg, and twirl, and under."
It was creepy and soothing.
Then the music started. I couldn't help but dance along with as I floated along on my back.
Last night, I discovered one of the most amazing experiences. Swimming at the same time as the synchronized swimmers. They are pretty fantastic kids, all spinning upside-down under the water together.
Me? I just learned to swim this summer with Monica and Caitie. I am glad that as an 18 year old, I can now sort of kind of swim. I like being in the water.
I couldn't help but laugh and singing along when the song Raindrops Keep Falling on My Head started playing. That has been one of my favourite songs, if not the favourite of songs, since I was 11 or so, I think. I was floating along. Laughing. Dancing. Swimming.
The music was so much clearer and better under the water. It felt surreal.
I like swimming at the same time as the synchro people... I just have to be sure I get in the showers before they do.

No comments:

Post a Comment