Wednesday, November 25, 2009

[numb]


I think I'm getting good at this.

Good byes. I hate them, I really do. But I've had a lot of practice.

Just like I couldn't ride my bike well the first time I got on, I couldn't say good bye well my first time either.

These aren't the, "I'll see you later" good byes that I'm talking about. These are the "I don't know when exactly I'll see you again" good byes.

The ones that make you ache all over.
The ones that fill you with longing for just 24 more hours.
The ones that never really hit you till it's over.
Where you just can't believe that it's the end.

Anyways, I've had experience with them now. I think I'm getting a bit better, but I bet I just look like an unemotional, cold au pair.

Oleann. Alex. I honestly do love you guys. Maybe not like your parents, but I absolutely adore you both. I'm going to miss you.

2 comments:

  1. I cant say that i know exactly how you feel..seeing as ive never been an au pair, or lived in Europe..but i know how this feels. I am sorry that you have to leave...but i am also glad you are coming back to Washington.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unlike Mikaela, I know EXACTLY how you feel.

    ReplyDelete