Monday, July 20, 2009

[nouveau départ]


Hoi Zämä,


A new year.
A new adventure.
A new blog.

Last time I restarted a blog was 2007, 2006, or something. I was writing about going to Switzerland on exchange. I was nervous, excited, and ready for a new adventure.


"But these emotions are so weird. I mean, it's so crazy looking at my house and my stuff and saying, "see you in a year!" And I just can't get over the emotions. Any emotions of saddness and regret have not entered my brain..." "...I just think forward and I'm so excited and in awe that I really don't have anything to be worried about."
-August 6, 2007-

Well, it seems like I'm drawn to experinces like that. Up for an adventure.

Hello, my name is Mägi and I'm going to Switzerland for the next year. I am going back to Switzerland, my home for a year.

Now get your notepad out and take note, here are the details:
  • I will be living in the town of Arzier, near Nyon.
  • It is in the French part of Switzerland - 20 minutes from France.
  • My host family has two children, a 7 year old girl and a 3 year old boy.

I will be an au pair. An au pair? Is that some French word? Why yes, indeed it is. It's another word for something of a nanny. It's menaing is something on the page of "equal to." It's a relationship with a win win situation. I'm something of a domestic housekeeper and nanny, but as pay, not only do I get money but I get room and board in a foreign country. Whoo hoo! Culture!


I guess I'd have to say, I'm excited.

Yes, indeed, I am quite excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment