Monday, July 20, 2009

To Be An Au Pair


Deciding to go was like a huge sigh of relief for me. I knew what I was going to do next year. I had a plan. Relief. And then again, there is a little part of me that is anxious about going.

I am oh so excited to go, don't get me wrong, but I wonder about my qualifications. I am worried about letting them down.

There are two main things I need to work on and attempt to conquer: French & Driving.

Français & Conduite

Can I do it? I only want to please this family, as I am working for them. I hope they will understand that I will do all I can to serve them, but there are some things I just can't do, yet.

I told them before that my driving was limited and that my French was near to non-existent. Anyways, this is different than an exchange. On exchange, it was my job to learn German and adapt to the culture, all of a sudden I'm getting paid to do this and I need to give back my services in return.

As for age, I'm only 18. That's the youngest you can be when you want to be an au pair. Their last one was 23 or 24 or something.

I guess I need to just keep reminding myself that I am, indeed, qualified for this job to most extents. I love working with kids and enjoy my time with them, and that's what matters. I can clean. I am willing to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment