Saturday, August 8, 2009

[à plus]

"à plus"

"Yeah, I'll see you later."
No. I won't see you for quite some time.

You know what? I think I'm getting much better at good byes. I don't find them as emotionally draining any more. I don't need to think through them too much anymore.

Good bye can be temporary or pernament.

The truth I hold onto is that I know I can see them again if I have a strong enough will. It could take me a life time, but I know I could see them again. It might be in my forties, after I saved a dollar a week for a couple weeks, but it is possible.

There are temoporary good byes (see you later, see you next week, etc)
and certain good byes (I'll see you in 11 months)
and uncertain good byes (good bye).

Uncertain good byes are those ones where you honestly don't know if you'll see that person again. Sometimes they are the ones where you know you won't see the other person again, regardless of how much they meant to you.

What I like is that greetings are unrecorded, often unexpected moments, but farewells are celebrated and expected moments in which we look back to that one unexpected moment.

Life between the unexpected and the expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment